It’s not too late to enhance your knowledge of taxpayer rights on a global scale. Experience conversations held during panel discussions among leaders in their fields throughout the conference held at WU (Vienna University of Economics & Business) in March 2017. Videos of all the panel discussions and presentations from the second International Conference on Taxpayer Rights are now available.
This conference connected government officials, scholars, and practitioners from around the world to explore how taxpayer rights globally serve as the foundation for effective tax administration.
For two days, panelists discussed important topics such as:
• Taxpayer Rights in Multi-Jurisdictional Disputes
• Privacy and Transparency in Tax Administration
• Access to Taxpayer Rights: The Right to Quality Service in Today’s Environment
• Transforming Cultures of Agencies and Taxpayers
• Impact of Penalty Administration on Taxpayer Trust
National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson also participated in a fireside chat with Ombuds and Advocates from around the world to discuss their roles within tax administrations. You can view each panel, including the fireside chat, via YouTube:
• Panel #1: The Framework and Justification for Taxpayer Rights
• Panel #2: Privacy and Transparency
• Panel #3: Protection of Taxpayer Rights in Multi-Jurisdictional Disputes
• Panel #4: Access to Rights: the Right to Quality Service in an Era of Reduced Agency Budgets
• Panel #5: Fireside Chat with Inspectors General, Ombuds, and Advocates
• Panel #6: Penalties and General Anti-Avoidance Rules
• Panel #7: Role of Intergovernmental Actors in Furthering and Protecting Taxpayer Rights
• Panel #8: Building Trust I: Transforming Cultures of Tax Agencies and Taxpayers
• Panel #9: Building Trust II: Safeguards on Tax Agency Power
The conference website will be updated in the near future for published articles submitted by conference panel members. To view updates from the 2017 Conference and new details on the third conference planned for May 2018, visit http://www.taxpayerrightsconference.com.
Save the Date!
Continue to check the media page of the conference website as more details become available for the 3rd International Conference on Taxpayer Rights, which will be held in The Netherlands on May 3-4, 2018.
For conference marketing materials, visit the Conference Media highlights page.